Advanced Hospitality Systems is very excited to announce the newest iteration of our popular Aloha POS software, version 12.3, which we have tailored to even better respond to you, our clients’, needs and feedback. Below, we’ve laid out a few of the biggest changes we’ve made to the Operating, Managing and Engaging functions of the program, along with explanations of how these new and improved features can be beneficial to you. For a complete list of the upgrades and changes made to your Aloha software, please contact your NCR Aloha provider.
- A brand-new look and feel, with new skins and button styles.
- New support and options for Family Style dining, including family style menus, portions and plating, as well as two new price tiers, no limit on the number of Family Style orders per check, the ability to split Family Style items by guest type, and consolidation of Family Style reorders onto the same chit instead of single chits.
- Ability to scan a bar code from FOH to apply a comp to a guest check; this feature complements the current ability to scan items, recalled checks and promotions.
- Capacity to modify an item after it is sent to the kitchen – rather than needing to manually inform kitchen staff in the event of a customer changing an order after it has already been placed, FOH can now eliminate voids and re-rings by simply modifying the order after sending it.
- Display of real-time FOH alerts for overtime and breaks – after much demand, we have added this feature to provide advance notice to managers and employees about approaching overtime hours as well as employee break status; alerts appear on order entry screens, log-in screens and floating logo screens until a manager dismisses the pop-up.
- Customize alerts – in order to better keep to schedules, Aloha software users can create customized alerts to remind employees to perform tasks, such as cleaning or placing an order.
- Overall improved ability to customize orders and checks, so as to better accommodate a variety of guest needs.
- NEW! The Aloha Communication Layer (ACL) – in order to provide a more secure communication method, we have eliminated the NetBIOIS protocol requirement; our new communication layer streamlines the network communication protocol to a single communication method. Network diagnostic tools can now be launched on the POS terminal to troubleshoot connectivity and network issues on-site.
- Various features designed to better calculate and configure tippable sales, auto gratuities and service charge percentages.
- Response to the most recent Credit Card Mandates, including:
- An enhancement that allows real-time credit reversal transactions to the processor, at any point after a manager has manually voided out a successful authorization.
- Support of partial authorization for prepaid cards and PIN debit cards, so that cardholders are able to use all of the funds available to them without being declined due to insufficient funds.
- Support for CVV or CID Validation codes – users now can enable an enhancement that requires sending the three- or four-digit number on the back or front of credit cards, in order to provide an additional layer of security.
- Increased break support, including the ability to split a break into two break types, conform to state-based break rules, exclude an unpaid break when calculating the “worked hours” that will qualify an employee for their next break, and other changes leading to increased ability to monitor and assign break times.
- Several changes designed to drive sales, including enhanced Paymentech gift card functionality, the ability to more quickly free funds from a customer’s credit card when performing a pre-authorization, and several upgrades that allow for greater support of Valutec Card Solutions gift cards and Loyalty Dynamic Comps.